Monday, April 15, 2013

Charmed, I'm sure!

I love to make charms!  I made these out of Cricut cuts from Flower Shoppe and Cricut Basics.

The first one is cut from a piece of plastic.  The second one is the same leaf cut multiple times, glued together, edges inked then glaze applied over top.  It is very important for this type of charm that you press the layers down well.  I used my brayer.  You can use spray laquer to coat these.  The more layers you use, the stronger it becomes.  It is better to use several light layers rather than one thick one so that it doesn't clump.  The third and fourth ones are a pieces of shrink plastic.  The sparkly heart was shrank, then a thin layer of glaze added and glitter over that.  The fourth one is dipped into my melting pot full of embossing powder.  This makes it really thick and melts the shrink plastic very quickly!  The 5th one is multiple layers of paper.  You must remember to flip the last one.  I found with this particular leaf, it is better to just flip a piece of paper and not the image.  For some reason when it flips, it cuts smaller!  The last one is a piece of shrink plastic that I colored with a sharpe and then melted.  Make sure you put your holes into the shrink plastic BEFORE you melt it.  Otherwise, it's too late.  Attempting to make holes will likely break them.  (Ask me how I know!)

There are so many different ways to make charms with our Cricuts!

Here are a couple of completed charms.

I think they turned out very well. I may try to retake the photos in the day light to help you see the charms better.  IRL they look really nice and will be making their way onto some projects!  I plan on continuing to find new way to make charms with my Cricut!

Enjoy your Cricut for more than just cards!

Shared post with cricutfanatics.


No comments:

Post a Comment