Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cogsworth

My husband asked if I would make a thank you card for his uncle Bob.  His uncle Bob gave him one of  his grandfather's pocket watches.  My husband was very pleased to receive the watch.  A great reminder of his grandfather!

So, I went to My Cut Search to look for pocket watch.  There were, I think two images that showed up.   So I looked up clock.  Cogsworth showed up.  I love his humble expression!  I do love Disney images, but fun, they are not!  Cogsworth was cut at 5".  Any smaller than 5" is just too darn difficult to do.

The pocket watch is an old Spellbinder's die that I haven't used in ages.  I used Core'dination paper for the white core so I could sand it and have the numbers show up.  I stamped "thanks" in the middle of the watch, I versa marked and then embossed the watch.  I then added some rub-n-buff that I got in a swap.  I added some chain and a cog.  The cog is what is on the inside of tape runners.  I had one that fell apart near the end of it's life and I tore out the little pieces and used one here.

I found a pot button and took wire for stems and some Prima flowers, and added bling. 

I like to use images in different ways.  A grown man may have laughed  if I had said I'd make him a Cogswell card because it is a kid's image.  I don't find the card juvenile at all.  I think the card turned out quite masculine!  I'm sure he will be grateful to receive it.  Very thoughtful of my husband!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment