Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Rescued!

I've been "out of commission" for the past month - first my computer, then my camera!  I have made several projects, but posting was impossible.  My camera is still acting up, but the picture is a bit blury, but at least it gives you an idea of what I did. Now, blogger has changed and I have to figure this all out!  Crazy!

At the water slide, my daughter spent a lot of time rescuing the dragonflies.  They got wet and then couldn't fly.  Many died until she arrived.  She dried them out in the sun and then they were able to fly away!  She was very proud of herself!



This was one of the fastest layouts I have ever done.  I saw the bright colors in the picture and literally walked over to my paper stash and picked them up!  I found some K&Co.  dragonflies and flowers.  They were not the right color, but me and my lovely markers (copics this time) saved the day again!   I used almost the entire package.  The main piece of paper is Junkitz, but I don't know who made the other piece of paper.  I painted some of the wavy lines with black paint.  Funny thing is, I didn't realize until after I painted them that my daughter's bathing suit was black with colored waves!  duh!  lol!  I pulled the stickers/sayings from my partially used labels basket. I liked how the second piece of paper also have sew stitches.  These outlined the picture naturally.   I went to sew on the left border to match the ones already on the paper, but alas, my sewing machine decided it wouldn't work for me either!  Well, at least that is three, so I shouldn't have any more electronic gizmos driving me crazy!  I used the roll on zigzag stitch by DaisyD.  It looks pretty good!  Way easier than the machine any old day!  Ha!  to my sewing machine!  lol!

Have a nice day!

Thanks for stopping by!


2 comments:

  1. What a sweet little young lady...wanting to rescue the dragonflies! Your layout is wonderful! All the detail makes a very creative layout!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the warranties ran out on everything at the same time-- that's usually how it works for me. :)

    I love this sweet LO! And I am impressed that you used the markers to really customize the papers for the project-- very clever!

    ReplyDelete