Saturday, April 7, 2012

Arrrgh!

Sorry that I have been MIA!  My computer was not working and I was not able to post. 

I made these for my grand son's birthday party.  I used the Imagine Buccaneer cart.  I also put a ship and a sea captain on the birthday bag I bought to put the items into.  For the card, I used all DCWV papers.  I used an EK Success  punch for the trim.  I cut the feather off of the bird's hat and added a real one.  My little guy loves feathers!  I used a Sizzix texture place to emboss the circles on the purple paper.  It made a huge difference to the card!  The card is only the purple part.  It is sitting on the envelope it will go inside. 


There will be 5 girls and 7 boys at the part.  I like how the color of paper used changed the way they looked on the outside!  "New" chests for the girls and "Antique" for the boys.  Easy to tell from the outside and the inside which is for which!  I used adhesive velcro dots to keep the lids closed.  There are brads to make them look a little nicer.  I didn't like the paper handles either, so I took some braided cord with gold running through it and added those instead.  I think they turned out great.   My daughter was happy with them and grand kids were happy with them and that is what it's all about!

There was a serious learning curve for these boxes for me!  As there are no instructions, I didn't realize how much scoring was needed!  It is very time consuming.  It is also a bit of a challenge to keep all of the little tabs on the chest top where they need to be while waiting for the glue.  There is also a defect in the carts printing/cutting.  On the one side of the chest the handle inserts are way out of level!  The one side is perfect, but the second side you will have to cut a hole for the handle.  Well, I should say if you are OCD like me!  lol! 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment