Sunday, August 21, 2011

Thank You Boxes

It has been 20 days since my last post!  Wow!  I have been very busy, more so than I realized!  Here are a couple of boxes I made for my mom and mother-in-law to say, "thank you" for watching my daughter.  I still need to make the cards, but the boxes turned out pretty cute.  I painted each box and then sprayed with a matte finish to seal them.


This first one I used Forever Young for the shoes.  I embossed them with several layers to give them the shine like patent leather.  I then added some Petaloo flowers to the shoes and also layered some Prima flowers for the center flower embellishment.  I added some bling to add a touch of flair then voila it was done!

 
This one I used Storybook for the font and Mother's Day Bouquet for the flowers.  I curled the flowers up instead of down and also alternated the white and pattern side for the spike portions.  I took a large wood button painted it purple and then added some glitter to it for the flower center.  Bling was added to the lettering to give it a little bit more punch.  There is a layer of fun fiber around the top and some sequins  ribbon along the side. 

The sequins were a super steal!  I got a bolt of it at a garage sale for, I think, 5 bucks!  I also added some rub-ons on the lower piece of the box and colored the flowers in.

The boxes will be filled with embellishments for each mom.

Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness! These are beautiful! What a delightful gift!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete