Saturday, July 23, 2011

First Cricut Purse Bag

Please don't shoot me but I rarely use Tags, Bags, Bixes and More for bags!  In fact, I rarely make bags!  The teeny-tiny little score marks are hard to see!

The bag was cut on a 12x24 mat at 11.3 inches to make it big enough for the gift I have to put in it.  I originally made a different bag on a 12x12 mat.  Opps, just a tad tiny!  lol!  I used some  designer tape on the inside and outside of the flap to add dimension and give it more strength.  I made the handle with beads and wire.  I layered the flower with: a Prima, two buttons a dew drop and some leaves I made with the Cuttlebug.  I put a couple rub ons on the front. I used velcro for the closure.   I have never used velcro on paper before.  It tore off part of the part of the paper when I tried to open it for the first time!  That velcro is tough stuff! 

I like how the purse turned out.  Now that I have made one of these, I may have to try another except trying Forever Young next time!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment