Saturday, July 16, 2011

Box Car Train!

My nephew is coming for a visit tomorrow.  He is in love with Thomas the Train.  I made these for him to store his little trains in.  I was going to give it to him for Christmas, but I just can't wait that long!  :)  I made it a little older so he would like it longer.  I made them so they stand up.  I am loving this Pop Up Neighborhood!   I was excited when I saw the train.  I love trains!  All of the cuts are from PUN except for the smoke, that came from Accent Essentials.

I used several brands of papers.  I can't remember them all.  I had the perfect piece of train paper and made the most horrific mistake!  I put it in upside down!  ;(  I only had one piece and I ruined it!  Ugh! So, the middle part of the train has a new body!  lol!

The J is a $1 store purchase from a couple of years ago.  Sad, I'm just now using it!   I used copper embossing powder on the engine strips.  I haven't used embossing powder in forever!  It was fun to rekindle an old skill!  The boxes are wooden boxes I picked up from the dollar store some time ago.  I'm on the spending ban otherwise I think I would have gone back to the store to get enough to do the whole entire train!!!  This was one of the most fun things I have made in a long time!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! I am so glad I came here for a closer look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest thing ever! I think you should enter this into the monthly contest if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete