Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tic Tac Toe Entry

I was really excited to do the Cricut Circle Blog challenge!

I found this mirror at a yard sale for $2.00!!   I knew I wanted to do something with it as soon as I seen it. My dear, sweet mother said to me, "Honey, you know you can get a new mirror quite easily to replace that old one!"  Ha, ha, ha!  Silly girl!  That's the charm of it!

When I saw the Cricut challenge, I perused over the Tic Tac Toes.  I originally wanted to use a different set of three, but when I got the mirror, I changed to:  1.  Use a Cricut cut flower.  2.  Use buttons.  3.  Make a ruffle.


The flowers were cut from Mother's Day Bouquet.  I used a piece of ugly paper (as always!  It's either that or scraps only!)  I wanted to make more of them because I love how they look, but I really could not recall what it looked like before I cut it so I was not sure if I had another piece!  lol!

I used the inside of a leaf from Straight From the Nest for the pine needles.  I used Cricut Essentials (boy, I'll say Essential!) for the other leaves.  I love that leaf!  I used to use  punches I bought, but I can make a lot with the Cricut at one time, I know they will cut properly and I can store the extras for later!  I cut the pine needles out of a 12x12 piece of card stock and leave them all on the sheet of card stock and pull them off as I need them.  It's fabulous!



I used DCWV, MME and Tim Holtz papers.  I'm not sure who made the tag.  The Monogram D, I believe is 7Gypsies.  The beautiful buttons I also got at a garage sale... CHEAP!    So blessed!  You can't see the two on the ruffle I made.  I tried to take a picture of this, but wow, it's hard to take a picture of a mirror!  lol!

I have one of those flourishes of bling.  I think they look beautiful, but omg what a nightmare to take them off of their acetate and put them on.  Any tips on that would be great!  The tassel bling was from a yard sale.  It is gorgeous!

The clock was fun!  I punched out one of the clocks from the TH paper pack.  I used Glossy Accents and secured it to a large Fragment piece.  The metal hands are picture turns/secures.  The outer metal piece is an ear ring (yep, that's right!) that I cut and added a button (from the yard sale!)

The doilies are from MS Elegant cake.

The ruffle was dollar store ribbon that you would use to wrap a gift with.  I put dollar store ribbon on it and yard sale buttons.




There are other assorted treasures on this from various places.  My darling hubby was tickled pink when I used a bottle cap from his favorite pop!

I am very happy with how this turned out.  I think it is exquisite!  All told, I probably spent $5 - $10 (max!!!)  for what  I will be displaying proudly in my home, and then given to my little girl for a gift one day.  I might never have made this if I wasn't wanting to enter that contest!

I also used another two carts in my journey!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment