Sunday, February 20, 2011

Guest Book

I made this pen and guest book for my boss's daughter who is getting married in April.  It took me forever since I have been struggling with being sick, I just can't seem to get much done.  She is a gorgeous girl, but not a "girlie girl".  She loves sports, and likes to keep things simple.  (As you can tell by her invite - the first picture)  I wanted to go "all out" but didn't think she would like too much "fluff".  Her mother chose the dark, hand made paper to make the book from.

I'm excited to have it done because I used two more carts in my quest to use them all this year!!!  This makes 38 used since September!  I used my new Martha Stewart fringe scissors on the larger heart.  I just got them last night.  I used DCWV Formal Affair paper for the inside of the heart and MME paper for the stars.  I also added glitter to the stars and pearls to the center of them.  The beads for the pen I got from a friend from work on Friday.   She knew I liked the little tiny jar that the beads were in, but not the beads.  Who knew they would work out so perfectly for something I just was about to make?  I used the whole container of the blue beads, so now I also have the empty jar too!  Woo Hoo!

Wow, I really need to learn more about photography!

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. I think she will always love this..guests books are one of those things you may not remember everytime you think of your wedding but when she does think of hers...what a great memory!!

    ReplyDelete